Monday, February 14

20. (Of Omens and Ironies.)

The first thing I laid eyes on as I left my house this morning was a dead bird. My puppy had gotten a hold of it. I don't know when.

Suffice to say the realization didn't dawn on me until I was on my way to school that that might have been a bad way to start my day. It being Valentine's day and all. An omen? I don't believe in anything about the future being set in any way. The last time I did, I found myself horribly mistaken, and now I'm not willing to place bets on the future at all.

But back to the subject at hand: a dead bird, first event of the day, Valentine's day.

Lovely, no?

And oddly enough, I was just having a conversation last night--technically this morning--with the person with whom today should be significant in regards to me.

Death is a funny thing. I'm a spiritual person. I believe in things we can't see. So maybe it was a warning of some kind? Warning me of what, though?

It's all very perplexing. Perplexing.