Monday, January 17

15. (And the rain came down.)

There's a flood in the library.

Yeah. Read that again, take it in. There's a flood in the library.

Utter madness. Somewhere between the main floor and the floor below a pipeline broke and now the water is flowing up into the room to my right and down into pretty much everything below me, including the men's restroom (which is downright comical right now) and acquisitions.

They've found it, now, as I'm writing this. Off in the room to my right--and now it's stopped. I could hear it, when I wasn't typing, when there was no one around. Water flowing unhindered... not a sound you expect to hear in a place full of books, really.

Thankfully, it's away from the collection, as far as I'm aware. We're going to have to deal with the after-effects, I'm sure, even though Circulation has nothing to do with this end of the building other than the desk I'm sitting at now, which is mostly just a security post to keep people from sneaking out the back door with books and such.

Complete madness. As it today didn't need to get any stranger.