Saturday, December 25

11. (Wave.)

Today, boys and girls, we're going to talk about music.

There are a few things that I will argue to my dying day should be considered universally beautifully. A low note on a cello. A perfect snare-roll. A four-mallet chord on a marimba. An impeccable French horn solo. An Italian female opera solo.

The list goes on. I won't bother listing all of the things that, aurally, I consider to be splendid. It would take me forever to properly formulate such a list.

But these things... these things specifically, will, when done properly, send chills down my spine the likes of which you would not believe. Absolutely beautiful.

I think this is why I'm a musician--or was, however you want to semantically break it down, really. It's not so much as I love making this beauty, I love hearing it. It is the epitome of my existence. It is everything that fills in the messily-torn holes in by being.

temporary solution? Of course. But sometimes, that's all a person needs.

Long love the music.