Friday, December 17

3. (Boozed.)

I don't understand the point of getting drunk.

Okay, wait, back up. Before you laugh at me, I do understand the point of drinking. It's a "social lubricant", as a friend put it. It loosens you up. It makes things funny. I like drinking, really I do.

But I don't get the point of getting drunk. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I don't particularly enjoy being nauseated and dizzy and feeling like there's some kind of evil, evil thing living in my belly, poking things and trying to find its way back out through my mouth. It isn't fun. I don't enjoy the act of waking up already feeling like shit. It's just not fun being sick and hungover all day. This could, of course, just be because I've become very much a morning person, and as such I enjoy being awake in the morning, and the thought of waking up with a headache just turns me off. Why put yourself through it? I don't see the upside. You get all nauseated and icky-feeling, so you can wake up feeling ickier?

Call me crazy. I can't so much argue with you, because I'm hardly what I would consider sane or normal.

Being somewhat anti-social doesn't help much, either.