Wednesday, December 22

8. (Cold sugar, minus the sweetness.)

Snow.

I wrote about the cold and everything earlier, but... now it's snowed. Not... super-deep snow or anything--I mean, come on, this is fucking Oklahoma. It almost never really snows deep here. We're lucky to get any snow at all, in general.

Which brings me to today's rant: what the hell is up with the weather around here? I mean... Oklahoma is pretty nefarious when it comes to weather. It fluctuates. Like nobody's business. But...

Monday--the day before yesterday--it was warm and sunny. I went out in a T-shirt and jeans and was comfortable. I drove with my windows down. It was a gorgeous day. Now? Two whole days later? It's cold and windy and bitter and snow-covered. Two days. Two days, for fuck's sake. This is so utterly ridiculous.

It's looking up for Christmas, though. An almost-white Christmas? I'll take that. Never really had a real one before. But, knowing Oklahoma, it'll be frelling sunny and bright and warm again by then.