Monday, December 20

6. (Textualation.)

I'm a writer.

Have I mentioned that here before? Have I shamelessly plugged my deviantart page? Have I referenced the story I'm most proud of? (The answer to all those questions is 'yes', by the way.)

I'm a writer.

My sense of inspiration is iffy at best. It comes and goes, here and there. Longer works start out one thing, and end up another. Characters change without me needing or wanting them to. Environments transform. Events get completely changed in various drafts.

I'm writing something of a romance novel at the moment. It's not forumlaic bullshit, mind you, and that's sorta why I'm writing it. To prove I can take something simple like that, and make something good out of it. Maybe something great--who knows?

I try not to get stuck in a genre. I've written psuedo-fantasy, romantic-mythology, torment-horror, science-fiction. I like everything. I'll write everything. To stagnate is to die.

I refuse to stagnate. I refuse to die.